Thursday 8 January 2009

New Year, No Resolutions

It feels like it's been a century since I last crapped in this here bog. A New Year has come - full circle in the human conception - and I feel I should continue posting my messages to my future self - writings exist in history; bringing us news from the past; reminding what we will be of what we once were; subtly erasing the death lines.

I loved 2008. In its own way it taught me many things I ought to know, and I truly hate to see it go. However, time marches on. The future beckons. I have no firm decisions that might be counted as resolutions, so I probably should refrain from solidifying any of my options through typing them. What comes to mind, though, is that I want to write, read, love and learn to a great degree this year. Yes, I think I'll do those. I'll start with those and see what happens next. It's 2009, and it, too, will die soon. The trick is to make sure it doesn't waste away.

Happy New Year, fellow traveller.

No comments: