Thursday 29 May 2008

A return to Athletics

I'm thsick! Well, not quite, but I have a cold that will just not quit. Damn it to hell. Worse still, I have a chesty cough. I haven't had one of those in years, and I remember how freaking long it took for the last one to go, so this one should be fun.

Wonderfully, though, I'm back to athletics *takes bows*. Yup, Allen called it. I don't know what I was thinking when I left...I guess I wasn't thinking. It felt so good to walk on to the track; so good it felt like returning to that place. I so loved the feeling of being there...until I puked my guts out. In my defense I was sick and shouldn't have gone, but, meh! Whatchu gonna do. Now all I have to do is regain a good deal of the weight and muscles I've lost, and get some speed endurance (admittedly, my usual Achilles' heel), then the track can return to being one a "room of my own", so to speak.

I love this video called the "road to Beijing" on youtube. I may not make a Harry A-A type of comeback, or hope to win an Olympics competition, but it makes me happa.

No comments: