Sunday 18 May 2008

Too much love will kill you

I'm in a sort of Queen mood tonight- the band, not the characteristic - and it's wonderful. Okay, not many people know this, but I'm a huge Queen fan. Freddie was just fucking beautiful, man, fucking beautiful (we miss you Freddie!). And the rest of the band were terrific in their music writing and stuff. They may not be considered the greatest band that ever lived, but, if I remember correctly, they are the only band that has had every member write at least one "number 1" hit (take that Beatles).

Right now, "in my tangled state of mind," I feel like most of the first stanza of Too Much Love Will Kill You is so apropos to my life. You know, that sense of being the "pieces of the man I used to be." Fuck, I didn't get the manual on how to be normal, so this growing up thing makes no sense, and don't get me started on not reading the signs. All which probably prompted the intervention I got yesterday.

Yeah, you know you're in a bad place when you get something of an intervention. I knew I was off the rails, but I didn't think it was that bad. So, now, I know for certain I'm the shadow of the person I used to be - and they weren't talking about my current emaciated look; I get that I need to find a way out of my head; and I've got to wake up somehow. That I don't know how to effect a change...wait, that's not quite right; I can sense how to effect some changes, I just...can't. Bleh!

On that note, I leave you with Queen's Too Much Love, etc. I like this version on youtube: it's a spliced version of Freddie and Brian May:

No comments: